Monday, 13 April 2009

Flowers and lace!

Hi there. Cody has just returned from his hunting trip with lots of venison, will be a nice change from pork I dear say! Will try and retrieve a photo or two off his camera later to share with you.
In the mean time I have to say that today I have achieved very little, I have been most of theafternoon fiddling around with my Bossy Scrapper page from last night, adding the finishing touches...all 600 of them! LOL, not quite 600, but in my usuall style I had added rather a lot of little details!

Here are my instructions...

...this is what you need

1 x 6 x 4 " photo, OR two 5 x 3.5" if you prefer to scrap more that one photo at a time.

All photos need to be LANDSCAPE

2 X 12 x12" pattern papers, choose two that look great together!

1 x 5 X12" pattern paper (or coloured paper) that goes well with your 12 X12's
1 x 12 x 12" card stock
1 dinner plate, or circle to trace around (approx 9 1/2" circumference)
and a few 12x12" strips of paper, or lengths of ribbon or trim....and your favorite embellishments.

Here's what to do....

.... Choose one 12x12" pp as your background

- Take another 12x12" pp and cut a large circle (about 9 & 1/2" across)

- Next place your circle in the centre of your card stock, stick it down and proceed to cut a scalloped boarder all the way around the outside of your circle.

- Next Cut a strip of paper 5" x 12"- cut your circle, complete with scalloped boarded in
half...across wise
- Stretch your circle out and place the 5 x12" strip across the middle, to cover the cut

....now your photo, or photos go on that centre strip.

- Place strips of paper, fabric, lace, trim, brads....what ever you like along the top and bottom edges of your strip..to create a boarder for your photo/s

- Finally place embellishments where ever you like, and tile and journalling somewhere on your page.

...and here is my page...

The journalling says...Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.

Can you see some of the little flowers I brought yesterday from riverstone?


I love flowers, lace and ribbon...can you tell??

Just for fun, and because I could, I have added a couple of duck feathers!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

As usual - beautiful!

Annasmama said...

Stunning - wow!
These pretty flowers, the beautiful lace and all those little extras make a wonderful frame for this lovely picture.
Gorgeous, you outdid yourself this time, and that is not easy, as you are always an artist, Sonya!!!

So you`ll have venison now.........would you believe I never tried this? But Wolfgang did, and my friend Claudia prepares it quite often for a meal, but I never tried it, shame on me! ;-)))
Hugs, Renate

Wilma said...

Oh, this is really my favorite combination lace and scrap! What a great combination you've made! I love the lay out: it's lovely without being to sweet or sassy!

Lynn R said...

Out of this world gorgeous lo!
I found your blog through Card Patterns - the Sketch 9 card you did was just stunning. So i decided to take a peek at your blog, and I am adding it to my favorites on my blog. I want my blog to look like yours some day! lol

Lyn S said...

This is just beautiful Sonya! What a precious photo too!

Donna said...

This is such a gorgeous page...thanks for sharing.

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!