Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Im Back!

Hi everyone in blogger land, Life has gotten in the way of my blogging these past few days! I have been very busy creating sea themed ATC cards, took me a couple of days to get back into'ATC head space' but once I got into the swing of it I was up half the night- well two nights, creating cards. And the next morning tossing out the ones I didn't like and doing more!! This morning I managed to post my full set of ATC's away. Looking forward to receiving a whole set back now!

My next project is my card for Card Patterns. and next challenge is to get into the right 'head space' for that!! I do struggle these days going from one art form to another, but it has to be good, after all how does that saying go.... "Variety is the spice of life"

Just before I get onto Card Patterns I want to show you a photo of the newest addition to our family.

... and no ,its not the boy, that's Camden our youngest. Check out the puppy, Cody's new pig hunting dog she is ever so cute and I really am not sure how tough she is going to turn out to be, because she is one very pampered puppy! Cody brought her home on Sunday she is just 6 weeks old.

Now - getting back to Card Patterns. This weeks sketch is ....


the prize up for grabs is from PaperPopsicles and is very very groovy check it out...

Last week we had a huge number of entries again, over 70! All cards were amazing, so much so that really I am a bit embarrassed to show you my take on this weeks sketch, I really feel very lacking on talent when I look at the wonderful cards you all create for the Card Patterns challenges.

I wish to send a huge 'congratulations' to Heidi Van Larr and to Wendy ,our winners from last weeks challenge and a huge 'Well done' to everyone who took part, it was so very hard for all of us to choose a winner!

Thank you so so much to all of you who took the time to leave lovely comments on my blog, and the blogs of the other Design team members, I truly appreciate your lovely words.

Check out the design team members takes on the sketch here... they are all so much better at making cards than I am!!

Right ...here is my take...

Now just to recap... The winner of this weeks sketch gets to be the Guest Designer for next weeks sketch and one lucky crafter is picked at random to be the winner of that wonderful prize by Paper Popsicles.
Looking forward to seeing your takes on this sketch. Good luck to everyone who takes part!!

5 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

WOW! This is an awesome card and sketch!

The little puppy is precious!!!!

Annasmama said...

I need a sewing machine, that is for sure! I love the way you add some stitches on your craftworks, that gives such nice elegance - and your card is beautiful!!!

I must admit, I never took part in any sketch or challenge yet, I am not sure wether I am good enough for that.

And I msut tell you I fell in love again today! This puppy is soooo sweet! I can hardly believe this cutie will ever be able to hunt pigs! ;-)))
Take good care of that baby. :-)))

Hugs and love, Renate

Carol said...

AWWW i just love animals and puppy's and kittens are just so irresistible

Lyn S said...

Aww, what a sweet puppy!

Your card is great too Sonya.....I'll try and join in this time, although time might be running out, I'm the world's slowest card maker!

Bev said...

Oh that puppy is too sweet.

Fab card hun - love the sketch too, hope to give it a whirl x

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!