Sunday, 29 March 2009

Bonanza Challenge

Have you seen the latest challenge at Scrapbooking by Design?? if you haven't rush over there now... You still have until mid-night to complete and upload, or email your take on this sketch....

I was up until 3am this morning doing mine, silly A! I'm feeling just a little bit tired now!

My Page title is... My Girl. I have had this photo sitting around for so long that it was very tattered, scratched and marked. I had to repair it in photo shop.

The crocheted flower is snipped from an old hand made doily from yesteryear, it belonged to Andrews mum, and my guess is that maybe Andrews gran made it. It was just sitting around in a bag of rags, so I though I would put it to use!

This is the first time I have used skeleton leaves on a scrapbook page.


The butterfly's on my page are cut from patterned paper, I have added some dimensional glaze to help 'pop' them off the page a little. This button is part of the pattern on this paper, I have threaded cotton through the holes to add interest.

Here's my page, the journaling is taken from the song 'My Girl'

For a look at the other entries click HERE . For details on this challenge, and the prize up for grabs click HERE

Now Im off to get tea on so Im ready for the Bossy Scrapper round tonight...do hope I can keep my eyes opened, and I also hope that YOU will join us!

4 comments:

Annasmama said...

Hello Sonya, sunday has only just begun for me while you are on your evening work already. ;-))
I hope you have a lot of fun with the Bossy Scrapper!!!
Your latest page with "your girl" is soooo pretty! The picture is lovely and everything around intensifies it even more. Such gorgeous details like the beautiful crocheted flower, the butterflies or skeleton leaves - I adore your work!
I went to see the other entries and I´m rapt away - so much beauty!
Have a good time!
Hugs, Renate xx

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Such a beautiful page! The crocheted piece as the daisy center is brilliant too!

Lyn S said...

Lovely page Sonya! The added embellishments are beautiful, perfect for such a sweet photo!

whoistracy said...

This is just beautiful!!

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!