Sunday, 7 February 2010

Today was a non event at our house as we had the painters in painting the ceiling, in the kitchen, lounge, bedroom and one of the bathrooms. All of the 'cut outs' in our ceiling are now nicely covered, and after tomorrows top coats of paint we can reattach Andrews ceiling hoist back to the ceiling. It will be lovely to have this rather long, drawn out job completed.

The weekend was super hot at our house, so instead of staying home and doing the house work we chose to follow our children to the lake side. Well, we followed the boys, Aimee worked an 11 hour shift at the restaurant where she works in Kurow, so sadly we had to leave her there.
Here are a few snaps from our day out.

We have been coming to this gorgeous spot for years now
Tom, Hannah and Cody spent most of the day in and on the sparkling waters of Lake Waitaki
Looking for Hannah, who was on the biscuit when the boat left shore... and I wonder where Cody's life jacket went???
The lake side does pose a few problems for Andrew, who was well strapped into his chair!
Looking a little more relaxed here.
Hannah, enjoying the NZ way of life. Hannah is Cody's girlfriend, she comes all the way from Germany.
...and Hannah again, making friends with Bid and Shopie.

Saturday night was a sleep over at our house for Camden and his mates.
Dean, Hamish, John and Camden all headed to the river once darkness fell and come home many hours later with fresh eels for breakfast...yuck! And I slipped up and did not take a photo of the slimmy eels.
On Sunday I picked some of our Apricots, we have 60 trees full of Apricots, so if any one out there wants to come and help themselves ...please please do!! I can only make so much jam and sauce!!. Which, by the way was how I filled in Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I will add a photo and recipe's.

No comments:

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!