Friday, 26 February 2010

Black and white with a POP of colour

I had a friend ask how I achieved this photo shop technique, so thought Id share it with all of you.

Here is my black and white photo with its pop of colour...


this is the original photo I have used for my example.

I'm using photo shop cs2 and this is what I do...
Open up Windows by clicking on the word windows near the top of your screen.
Press on the word Layers, so the pop up box appears.
Click on the word Layer, near the top of your screen again.
Click on duplicate layer...click OK
Ensure you have your background copy layer selected in the layers palette.
Click on image, again this can be found near the top of your computer screen.
Click on adjustments.
Click on desaturate.
Select the eraser tool from the tools palette (right hand side of your screen)
Now all you need to do is to rub out the areas you wish to have coloured by holding down the left hand mouse button and moving your curser over the area that is to be erased....
You may need to alter your brush size and zoom in on your image to make this process easier for your self.

Give it a go, its very simple and can look super effective

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a great photo....can't wait to try this !! Thanks for sharing & hope all os well with you.

Donna said...

Hi again...I did one of my own. Fun !!! Check it out on my blog if you want to see how it came out.

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!