Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Totally Loved Up!

Last night I worked on a project for a  friend. This is what I made, its an altered Eclipse tin
  complete with a little tag book containing love quotes. (click on the photos for a better view)

My tin is covered in wax, which I have stamped into.I used the colours gold and red, the colours of love.

I spent ages choosing just the right quotes.The verse on the back of this tag reads...Love, the magician knows this little trick whereby two people walk in different directions yet always remain side by side.

Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime, and never let go till we're gone.

I put my favorite quote on the back of my tin, this one reads...A guy and girl can be just friends but at one point or another one of them will fall for the other, maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late or maybe... just maybe ....forever.


  These quotes send a message of hope..

Once in a while in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.

And  - Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime, and never let go till we're gone.


Last, but by no means least  Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.

Thanks for looking.

Carol asked me to post a tutorial over at Birds of a Feather, so check it out if you wish to have a go at you own.

11 comments:

Trace said...

It's gorgeous Sonya - great idea with the wax.

sue said...

Sonya, this is soo gorgeous!! And the tutorial is great! Might have to go and buy some of those sweets and give it a go! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Louise F NZ said...

Thanks loads for joining us at Southern Girls Sonya~! Your tin looks amazing, cripes it must have taken you ages.... turned out just stunning and well worth the effort.

Carol said...

woowzzerrr another stunner,i have been eating my mints flat out so i can do another one lol.Love the little tage book.Thanks for joining us at southern girls.

Dianne H said...

Absolutely stunning Sonya. Love the vintage theme and the techniques you have used. Gorgeous.

Tracy said...

This is stunning! I am amazed at all the detail. Thanks so much for joining us.. its nice to see another NZer playing. Good luck
Tracy

Marlene said...

Wow! What a gorgeous project!!!

Autumn said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SG!
xxAutumn

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just stunning Sonya! Great work!

Tash Daly said...

Great work Sonya, this is fabulous. Congrats on winning. :-)

Mrs Frizz said...

oh wow ... s.t.u.n.n.i.n.g.

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!