Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Have you seen...

...the latest Up2scrap mag, I ask because I'm very proud to feature in it. What a thrilling way to end my year! I must say though that I have 'big boots' to full because the work in each issue of the Up2scrap magazine is wonderful...hmmm I'm beginning to feel a little nervous now.
My congratulations to the other three ladies who made the team, and to the design team members who have moved up the ranks and whom are staying on for 2010. I'm honored to be working along side of you all.


Now that was the bright spot in my week, and lucky it was a big bright spot because other than that, our van has broken down and had to be towed to town (cost of tow was $190 , the down side to living in the country I guess). The plumbing under the wash house and bathroom has run a muck, damage has yet to be assesed and Aimee had to go back to the doctor today for the second time in a week. Turns out that she has probable glandular fever. She feel sick and has bad headaches, seems to spend all of her time being tied even though she is sleeping almost all of the day and night. Tomorrow she has her last exam to sit, fingers crossed she can last the distance!


Ive been busy making my Christmas cards, which is nothing short of a miracle really!


Here's an up to date photo of Bruce Almighty ( I'm only guessing that Bruce is a boy!!?)
Hes almost full grown now, but still does not feed himself, so is still in the aviary with my budgies for that reason. Once he learns how to eat I will be very happy to set him free.
When hes hungry he just opens his mouth wide and squawks loudly,just like this....

I'm sure if you listen carefully you will just about hear him, no matter how far away you live!

3 comments:

Jude said...

Yeah I hear Him/Her,
You do an amasing job, havent hard a lot to do with our area in the way of scrappin, I love mini albums and altered art but only really new at it. What sort can I do to get involved with you and our own home based artz.
Arohanui Jude Xx

Danice said...

Well done Sonya!!!!!! stoked to see you in the team! i lost your blog page (as i did with everyones) when i swapped pc over now i can continue stalking you :D

Kelly said...

Huge (belated) congrats on making the Up2Scrap team Sonya - YAY!!!

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!