Tuesday, 20 July 2010

A new first for me

For the first time ever I have made the cover of a magazine... well, not me exactly, but one of my scrapbook pages. I now have my fingers crossed that many copies of the magazine are sold... LOL, I will feel personally responsible if they don't!


Going back two weekends ago I forgot to mention that eldest son took out first and fifth prize's in the Oamaru Club Pig Hunting Competition. Even though I hate animals being killed I was thrilled for Cody as he puts every spare moment into his hunting and never misses a competition if he can help it. He always goes along to the weigh-ins and watches everyone else take home the prize for the largest pig, so GO Cody, good for you!!
(I wont add a photo because I'm sure that a dead pig does not make exciting viewing for most of us...sorry Cody!)

I had the best time at senz. My high lights were meeting so many of you talented ladies, thank you so much to those of you who took the time to stop and say hello, I'm terrible at recognising faces and am honored that so many of you knew me! I bumped into a few faces I did know, that was great as well, and while on the subject of people I know pop over to Dianne's blog to see what she created at one of the senz classes she attended....its well worth a look!
Thanks to Karen, Kristi, Robyn P and Kathy for your company, the whole point in going to senz was to meet you all and you really did make the whole trip worth while.
Have to say I did not buy much, I was too busy absorbing the atmosphere, and chatting to lovely people!
Tomorrow I will photograph the pins I received and the 'Spooky Canvas' I received from Kristi. All are super cool!

5 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Congrats Sonya - what a great achievement :-)
Glad you enjoyed SENZ. I did the year I went to it in ChCh too (5 years ago!).

Sharon & Nick said...

Congratulations. You so deserve to make the front cover. Your layouts are simply stunning. I will be racing off shortly to pick up a copy. Wow.

Carol said...

wooohoooo your a cover gall .and wtg cody on ya big pig win,i bet he had a masive smile lol

Leah said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting to be on the cover of a magazine!! Big congrats to you:)

Lyn S said...

Big congrats for being published AND being the Cover Girl!!! I'm sure there will be more to come Sonya!

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!