Saturday, 21 February 2009

My Favorite Song

Have you checked out Carols Challenge at Scrapbooking by Design yet?



I got to last night a did my take on it.


First I have to tell you that my favorite song these days is I'm Your's by Jason Mraz. Aimee introduced this song to my blog late last year. At the time I had never heard of it, but it so grew on me and fast became my all time favorite.
I love the messages in the words to this song Things like...open up your plans and your free...and there's no need to complicate cause our time is short etc etc... How true is that! To me this song is about having a good time and going with the flow, just making the most of your life. Here are the words....



....Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but your so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm tryin to get back
before the cool done run out I'll be givin it my best test
and nothin's gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some
But I won't hesitate no more,
no more, it cannot wait
I'm yours
Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you're free
look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our godforsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved
So, i won't hesitate no more,
no more, it cannot wait i'm sure
there's no need to complicate our time is short
this is our fate
I'm yours
Scooch on over closer, dear
And I will nibble your ear
I've been spendin' way too long checkin' my tongue in the mirror
and bendin' over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
and so I drew a new face and I laughed
I guess what I'd be sayin' is there ain't no better reason
to rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
it's what we aim to do
our name is our virtue
But I won't hesitate no more,
no more it cannot wait
I'm yours
Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you're free
look into your heart and you will find that the sky is yours
so please don't, please don't, please don't,
there's no need to complicate,
Cause our time is short
This, this, this is our fate,
I'm yours ...




... and here is my page that has many photos of 'good times' and 'happy moments' in my life!






...a few close-ups.
Oh to look like that again!!

I have used stamps, (word and star stamps shown here)

...and stickers and doodles. The chipboard letters were coloured with red stamp pad and Glossy accents have been added for shine and dimension.

Now why no try a page about your favorite song, or an everyday moment in your life! Details can be found HERE!

...and I have popped this song back onto my blog just so you can hear it foryourself!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonya

Congrats on your layout in the new up to scraps mag - it is awesome!

Carol said...

I love your page sonia, and what a great way to use up lots of photos.
Oh i hope they have the up2scrap mag up at the shop so i can have a gander lol

PS: I wonder how many people love our song haha :)

Annasmama said...

Oh no....now I spent a lot of time with my comment, I explained that I thought I didn`t know this song and searched it on youtube, then googled for the lyrics, heard and read several times until my husband started humming the song in the background *lol*...........
Then I told you that I did know the song amd liked but never paid attention to the text, but now I see that it is so positive and cheers you up.
And then I wrote that after that I discovered you kindly hat put the lyrics on your blog, and I saw your beautiful LO with all those lovely pictures of a happy couple and family and I told you that it`s gorgeous and that I can see the love that you all have for each other - and I told you that I am so sorry that I don`t have the vocabulary to express all my thoughts and feelings. And while I showed your LO and your blog to my husband, the song started to play again and I smiled................and I pressed some wrong button and my comment was gone! :-(((
SO now you find this comment, quite confused I´m afraid, but it simply means:
Your LO is beatiful and so is this song! :-))))
Hugs, Renate

jacque4u2c said...

Sonya this layout is just so inspirational - what a wonderful cluster of memories to cherish from now and for generations to come. Just perfect - I am sure you really enjoyed putting it together and thinking about all those special moments. Just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sonya and yes I love that song too! :)

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!