Thursday, 23 June 2011

Walk with me?

I'm turning onto a new chapter of my life...not before time. I have taken up walking everyday and I've cut out junk food so I'm hoping for a new, slimmer, fitter, younger looking me. Watch this space!

Thought you might like to come on my walk with me today.....

First thing I pass when I get to the end of our street is the church, check out the little cross sitting in the window .....

     

 A right turn at the church and I'm on Earthquakes road...this is what I see....


  

Up the road I come across our three sheep, well ours by default really. We own a little farm cottage with a little piece of land and two of these sheep were left here for a short overnight visit by their owner, that was about three years ago, still no sign of the owner. One of the sheep had a lamb (but that's another story) and as its a bit of a chilly day we shall press onwards. 


 To the left of me the scene  looks pretty much like this for most of the way....


Looking to the right again and we see black sheep, these girls are not ours, but do seem to find me somewhat entertaining!


 Are you puffing yet?? I'm puffing a little bit


 This is why I always walk the same way everyday, I love the view and the peace and the feeling of solitude once I get to the top. (you may need to click on the photo for a better view).
The road that runs between the trees is the Kurow- Oamaru main road



My lovely dog Tui always comes for the stroll, and seems to enjoy the view as well
                                 
   

Often I carry on up the next hill, but today this is as far as we go because it really is getting chilly!


 It's the little things that make life big!



No comments:

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!