Wednesday, 1 June 2011

I've been a scrapp'in

Hi there, Ive been a long time absent. My mind has been else where lately, but here I am back again. Tonight I am tyring hard to get some cards made, so far I have completed half of one card and Ive been at it for 3 hours, so tonight has not been a huge success. I have also been playing with a computer programme lent to me from my lovely friend Kristi, who is the star in my scrapbook page below.....



Kristi come to stay with us a little while ago, she was lovely company so I just had to scrap the event.
I have lots of layering going on in this page, which is based on the sketch I put together for this months challenge over at Birds of A Feather.



This is another page using the same sketch, this time I have attempted a Vintage type page. (Sorry Christopher and Andrew I'm not really inferring that you guys are vintage)
I've never really mastered the art of 'Vintage Scrapbooking', I always add too much colour and too many embellishments.


 I found these acorn 'pockets' in the garden and thought they would fit right in!


 The 'boy' image was one I found on this lovely blog....  http://clearlyvintage.blogspot.com/


I love these Prima leaves and printed flowers, they add such a lovely texture.


Here is this Months Sketch and...


...here is the prize that's up for grabs. Be sure to check out our blog for details, simply  click on the following link  http://challengejournal.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-june-sketch-timeand-chance-to-win.html


Tomorrow we are off to camp Iona Andrew has been asked to be the Guest speaker, at the moment he is busy working out what he is going to say...must say that his progress is not looking any better than mine! Could make for an interesting speech!

Bye for now, and thanks for looking :-)

No comments:

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!