Sunday, 10 January 2010

Christmas joy

This year I managed to make my own Christmas cards, an improvement on last year! Below is a peek at a few of them, there is nothing too fancy as I was determind to make them all and as always I put off making them until it was almost too late!





Take a look at two of the very precious gifts I received this Christmas from the talented Sandra Aston. First there is this glorious tiny plum pudding decoration. Next year this will take pride of place on our Christmas tree. There were many goodies in the parcel from Sandra, everything from scrapbook embellishments to a hand embellished tea towel and this delightful fairy, complete with her bag of treasure and a poem that reads...

A Fairy's Treasure....

A Star : to wish upon
A Flower and Butterfly : to remind you where I live
Some treasure: from times past
A Heart : to remind you someone loves you
A Tiny pair of wings : so you too can fly
Some Crystals : to bring you luck
Fairy Lights: to light up your life.


Thank you Sandra, its always a thrill to receive handmade gifts. You are such an inspiration, maybe next year I will make my own cards AND some gifts...no promises though!

1 comment:

Lyn S said...

Whaddya mean nothing fancy Sonya!! These are all gorgeous cards!

Great gifts you received too....lucky girl!

xxLyn

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!