Thursday, 10 December 2009

Great Grandad's been scrapped

Earlier this year my uncle come for a visit and had some wonderful photos with him from yesteryear. I loved this one of my grandad, it brings back many happy childhood memories of summer days spent at our gran parents house in Lincoln (near Christchurch). My grandad grew the most scrumcious berries and fruits. Anyway, I have at last scrapped this wonderful memory, here it is...
I have created a digi/hybrid page, inspired by Louise's idea's in the Up2scrap blog, check these out HERE
I made my little watering can by stamping the image onto the back of a piece of an old coke can and cutting the image out. Next I lightly scored around the image out line, turned the image over and re scored so my image stood out and looked slightly 3D. I used alcohol inks to colour the tin and carefully painting on the daisies and heart.
The butterfly and black swirl design were printed out, the butterfly is from one of Louise's digital kits. Check out her Digi Fingers blog to find super cheap and super gorgeous digital kits.

Texture was created using all sorts of things from, tulle, string, ribbon, muslin cloth, and pretty much anything I could find on the day.
All of those bright green leaves were, once again,printed from one of Louise's digital kits, as was the journaling tag.(I have so many of her kits that I cannot recall which one these were from off hand!) These leaves are all the one same leaf, just printed out a gazillion times over! I spent quite some time cutting them all out.

My grandad was a man of the land, so I have attempted to portray this in my lay-out, right down to the seeds in the tiny glass bottle. As always I have created one extremely busy page!
I remember well my grandad often saying...Live by nature girl and you carn't go wrong.
I really don't quite know what he would make of the world today if he was still here!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Stunning work Sonya how long does it take you to put a layout like this together??
So clever the way you've used both digi and conventional scrapping together its seamless.Thanks for bobbing over to my blog to lovely to read your comments....

Lina said...

Beautiful work!

Help me get my blogg going, visit me at http://myheartmeetyours.blogspot.com/
and tell me what is beautiful in your life!

Carol said...

That wee water can is just sooo cute,another lovely LO.Hope your all keeping well down there and all ready for christmas.I am still working on a couple of christmas gifts!!! yikes lol im felling a little stressed out worrying if i have enough time to finish them.
well im now booked and fully paid for my trip down in march yeeehaaarrr :) love to you all :)

Liddy said...

Your work is beautiful, your Granddad layout is truly inspirational, thanks so much for sharing. I just love your blog so much to see, try not to get too stressed getting everything done.

Lyn S said...

Hi Sonya, just popping in to say I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

I love this layout of your Grandad, I'm sure he would've been so pleased with it.

Hugs, Lyn

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!