Friday, 30 October 2009

Another week has whizzed by so quickly. I have achieved very little this week...again! Although today I mowed the lawns and pulled a few weeds out of my garden, still lots more to do!

On that note I found a photo of our house in my archives, before we had our alterations done , after Andrews accident. I loved our house the way it used to be! Sure it was not as grand, or spacious, and yes the roof could do with a little moss remover on it, but, looking back I can only say (as our friend John would say) life was good. With our new look house come our whole new way of life, and really...although I didn't realise it at the time I loved our old life just the way it was !

Anyway here is our before house....
...and our after house.

The veranda now comes out beyond where my front garden used to be, my garden, if it was still there would now be in our lounge. So although its hard to tell form my photos our house has grown heaps! That piece added onto the right hand side is now our bedroom and ensuite on the bottom floor, along with the lift well that goes up into my craft room on the top floor.It really is a shame that things cannot stay the same!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Cody is working all weekend for a friend, hes putting down his tools to try his hand at tailing lambs.

Aimee is away down south for the weekend with two friends.

Camden is about to head off eeling with his mates who I believe are camping out at our house.

I am hoping for rain so I can catch up on a bit of scrapping, if we don't get rain then I'll be out among the weeds!!

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Sonya,

I think you're looking with different eyes to your house than I do. I see a house that has grown with the family and the circumstances, but still is a cute home for you and your dear ones. And I think you're doing a great job: being a wife and a mother, keeping a house and a family! No wonder you don't have always time to scrap! I hope you have a great weekend!

Carol said...

Your little befor house is very cute,I think you are felling a little blue? would i be right? things change all the time and we often look back and think if only,but then we wouldnt be who we are today with out change.You are a inspiration sonia,you are such a hard working mum and wife,with lots of hidden talents and a wonderfull nature.I always love seeing your photos and reading your blog. Sending you lots of warm hugs :)

Sonya said...

Thanks ladies! I always feel a little down when I look back at our old home :-( and I know I shouldn't look back, I should just be looking forward...only some days forward feels too hard! Its all okay though isn't it :-) Moving on now. Thanks for your lovely words. xx

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!