Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Away for a bit of R & R

Tomorrow we are taking a wee holiday in Tekapo. Will be lovely to get away for a few days. Andrew and I are staying in a lovely motel and the children are staying across the road at the motor camp!! Now that makes us sound really mean doesn't it. The thing is though that tiring to find wheelchair accommodation is not always easy at the best of times, and this holiday was a spur of the moment one (ours often are, no good planing too far ahead in our house cause you just never know what hurdles may crop up!!). Anyway the motel could do the wheelchair chair unit but were otherwise full- and the wheelchair units only ever seem to cater for two! The only other place's with wheelchair access were booked out. Anyway the children were keen on the camp at the lake edge, so to cut a long story short that is where they will be sleeping! Will be a funny kind of a family get away, but might be nice to all have our own bit of space.

Will be back Monday to let you know how it went!!

In the mean time check this out, This is where we plan (look at that- we do plan!!) to be Waitangi Weekend, my very very clever and very very busy cousins daughter has organised this event and it has turned into a huge one! Should be heaps of fun- even for us oldies!!
http://www.missioncontrolled.co.nz/area9/event.html

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Have a lovely break, Sonya

Carol said...

I Hope you have a wonderfull break
I have nominated you for a "One lovely blog" award :) please see my blog for details. Thanks for all the inspiration. See you when you get back :)

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!