Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

Another busy day almost down.
Today was dads birthday, so we had birthday tea at our house since my mum is still away.
Yesterday I managed to whip up a card, really need to work on building up my card stocks, so I have one on hand when I need it!.....
I have turned this photo of my Dads motor car, his pride and joy into a 'stamp' in PhotoShop, I then embossed the printed image four times with clear embossing powder , and used the shinny image to make my card.
Today, for the first time, I was called home from work , by my stressed Dad. Andrew decided to have a dysreflexic attack while I was at work, not at all good timing! Last night he had one at 1 am, so things are going a little hay wire with him again. Lucky we are off to Burwood on Sunday for an 'over haul'.
Tomorrow afternoon I have a Teacher aide course in town, so there will be no scrapping time yet again!
Here is a LO I did a little while ago, using the August Monthly Kit for Scrapbook Outlet...



Thankyou to everyone who pops in for a visit. As soon as I get a bit of spare time I will be stopping by to visit you :-)
Take care xox

6 comments:

Tricia Williams said...

Love your fathers day card and great bright colours on your layout :O)

Liddy said...

You take care Sonya, you have a lot going on. Hope you get some "chill out scrap time" real soon.
Love the idea of the photo made into a stamp, haven't played in Photoshop for ages but that could be fun.
Love the layouts they scream "summer"

KiwiMich said...

Gorgeous card Sonya! Loving what you have done with the Aug kit.

Dianne H said...

Another fantastic layout Sonya. The papers are perfect for the topic.
...and the card is a perfect card for a Dad. Clever lady with you photo shop skills. Take Care.

Rose said...

LOVE what you did with the photo, your dad will treasure this card for sure!!
so sorry to read andrew is having problems. hope the "over haul" clears things up :)

i know just what you mean about not having enough time to comment or craft.... so no worries if you can't "visit" :) you just take care of the family

Sharon & Nick said...

Hi Sonya. Your poor dad. I do hope that Andrew is going to be okay. Thinking of you. Sharon

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!