Thursday, 17 June 2010

What goes around comes around!!

Here I am finally finding some time to update!
Life is racing by so, so fast at the moment that I can hardly keep up! Since I was here last, life has been busy in my crafting world, my work hours have been doubled (which is not as huge a deal as it sounds). The tables were turned on our hunter (yucky photos coming up)! Hannah is on a plane back to Germany, as I sit here typing. She has gone home for a four week visit before she settles back into life here for a two year stint. Aimee is home for her four week holiday from Uni, her exams have been sat and she has fingers crossed, hoping for a pass. Oh, and Cody has changed occupations, he is now working on a high country farm, close to home, and yes he is still living at home.

Check out his leg below! Last weekend he was going to be mustering but snow in the high country put an end to this at 5am Sunday morning, so instead of going to work Cody headed off with two dogs on a hunting mission. About two hours latter he hobbled into our bedroom , and I was woken by......
" Ive been stuck by a pig" Well, I have not lept out of bed so fast in a long time!
Lucky for Cody the pig only put a tusk through his leg! It was not a pretty sight thought. I took these photos about 10 minutes after he come home, before Hannah helped retrieve his catch and drove him to A& E at Oamaru hospital.

His leg was swollen big time! Its still nasty and very red so I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Tusk hole!! I have always said "what goes around comes around" !!

Cody refused to go to hospital until he returned and retrieved his catch. Well, until he had Hannah retrieve his catch, as his leg was not up to carrying poor Mr Pig out!
Will nothing put a stop to this boys love for hunting?!!

1 comment:

sue said...

That leg looks nasty! I remember my eldest carrying a wild bore home that he had shot. His clothes stunk!!! He doesnt make you cook it does he?

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!