Thursday, 9 October 2008

9-10-08

Home , at last from a long day in Emergency department at Dunedin Hospital . Why we were sent to ED I will never know, but we sat there from 11.30am until about 3.30, quite obviously Andrew was not an urgent case. Guess we should take comfort in that! Anyway by 5.30 we were pretty much out of there with a plaster cast in tow. Andrew is going to be even heavier for me to lug around now, reckon I will be a contender for the iron woman contest at the end of it all! If Andrew was a walker the Doc said they would have had to put in a metal plate because the break was so bad, but as walking is not looking likely in the near future they went with plaster. Lot less risky for people in his situation by all accounts. After plaster the x-ray showed that the leg was in the wrong position. his lower leg has a slight bend in it where it should be straight. However after another hours wait it was decided that as he doesn't use his legs it would be okay for it to stay that way, unless down the track his bones don't fuse together!! I guess they are the guys who's professional opinion we are supposed to trust. So I have fingers crossed and am tiring not to cringe too much at the thought of how painful it might be if Andrew had feeling!!
I guess tomorrow it will be back to Oamaru hospital for blood tests again and back onto the DVT treatment. Oh for just a little time out in my craft room!
Had to replace our washing machine, the repair man seemed to think it had lived out it's life span of a whole seven years!
Thank you all so much for your well wishes and kind thoughts, that is lovely of you all.
I do hope everyone of you out there had a wonderful day. Bye for now.XX

1 comment:

dizzy Lizzie said...

ok just wrote an essay and it wouldn't send so will try again. I never just rains eh?? I hope the sun shines brighter for you over the next few days!! I love those birds. How I wish i could find a spare moment to dip into the ATC world but for now I need to just do what i am doing as life is too busy. Thanks for stalking me I love reading my comments xxx
take care see ya next sunday with someone bossy (or not so as the case usually is)Lol

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!