Monday, 23 July 2012

Smashing Fun!

On Saturday 21st/ July I had 'time out' and escaped to Oamaru, with Kathy Grey, where we spent a day Scrap Booking in Oamaru with the lovely Joanne  from  Embellish It,  in Timaru. I did however forget to pack my mojo amongst my scrapping supplies. All was not lost however, I managed to  get three pages on the go and tonight I have finished  them, so hope to get them onto my blog over the next couple of days. In the mean time I am going to share the pages I created for our NZ Paper Chase Smash Book Swap.
 In return for my pages I received amazing works of art back from all of the talented ladies who took part in the challenge.

These are the pages I created...
My Vintage page, made for Maggie
 I have embossed on Perspex and used it to frame a vintage image. This technique is one handed down to me from my dear scrapping buddy Carol Noake's  


My next page was created for Donna O Leary. Donna's theme was 'All things Tim'
I must confess here that I did rush out and buy Tim Holtz goodies especially for this page, lol...any excuse!! 
I have created a tiny 'Tim book' and attached it to one of the journal pages.
 A close up look at Tim Holtz crafty bitz
 ...and Tim Holtz dies.


Tanya's theme was 'Random'.I  know Tanya loves paint and bright colours, so tried to include both on the pages I created for her. Have also included tags and a pocket using an envelope for Tanya to journal on.
Found out after completing this page that Tanya is not a huge fan of 'bulky'..sorry Tanya!! I'm a big fan of bulk...just in case you cannot tell!! 


Nature, was Angela Knight's chosen theme. I loved creating Angela's pages. I chose to cover the pages with a serviette before adding top layers. 
For fun I collected seeds from my herbs in the garden for Angela to plant, and lavender which I secured in a  fabric bag, so my page will even have the smell of 'nature'. 
 This little bird is cut from the same  serviette that I  used on the base.


Jean's 'Random' page is next. Again I have pockets that hold journaling tags.

Quotes to Live By. Jonnece's pages .
Again I have hidden pages for journal ling and quotes 



All Things Recycled. These pages are for Ngaere.  

Almost all of the embellishments on my pages are recycled items. I endeavored to make a 'kind of flower' from an old broken zip along with flowers from rolled and dyed newspaper. 
 Oddments of ribbon and pages from old books  come in very handy.
Using an envelope stuffed with card and magnets, I made a secrete Heidi hole for journalling 
 This 'cog' is not a chipboard one, its a real life one that I rescued from the bin at the garage,
 ...an another envelope pocket book!
This old playing card made a fun pocket after I embossed it to add some texture. 

Thanks for looking and do stayed tuned as the pages I received from this swap are super cool and I will add pictures very soon! 

To find out what Smash books are all about be sure to check out the latest NZ Paper Chase Magazine.




1 comment:

Carol said...

you always put so much work into what ever you do Sonya,and it shows.love every page xxx

My Favorite Musuc

Playlist


Download this mp3 from Beemp3.com

My Scrapping

Here is my finished latest painting

Here is my finished latest painting
This one is a hit with all the males who have seen it. I must say that I did not really enjoy painting a truck and it will be a one off for sure! Uncle David is now the owner of this one. Next project on thepainting scene is going to be a fisherman- for my Uncle Graeme who is wanting me to paint him something. Really need to get onto this one!

Finished at last- I think

Finished at last- I think
At last I think I have pretty much finished this painting for my uncle. Do hope he likes it.

My waterlillies

My waterlillies
one of my recent paintings

Naked Lady

Naked Lady
One of my last years paintings

Aimee and Bob

Aimee and Bob
A painting I did a while back for my daughter

Click on our house to see a little of where we live.

Thank you

Just want to say thankyou to those of you who have been kind enough to take the time to leave a comment or sign my guest book. Always get a buzz out of knowing people have been here for a wee look! THANK YOU!!

Check out my talented nephew Tony...he's the cool dude singing!